Good morning every one.... Tejal here today. Its a picture tutorial from me today.....I am sharing how to make a mini album using your Envelope punch board. Yep you heard me right....Mini album using envelope punch board.
6 envelopes and 6 inserts will give you around 30 photo spaces!! Yep!! Totally!!
Lets get started!!!
1. So following measurements on the board....Make 6 envelopes in your desired size. All set...now lets assemble the album. I've used 200 gsm CS to make my envelopes...so that my pages will be sturdy.
2. Lay two envelopes side by side...and just glue the flaps (bottom 1/2 inch) of it...and cut the top off. Refer to the image above. Now to create openings for our inserts..
4. Take one more envelope. And glue the flap down. In essence you are closing the envelope from all sides.
5. This is a little tricky but not impossible!!! You need to cut off a sliver (less than1/8th inch) from both sides of the closed envelope. Click on the pictures to see them bigg and better
(I'm just saving you from scrolling like mad!! :p) Using a trimmer would be the best to get such a thin slice...
Apply sticky strip to the 1/2 inch hinge that we have....and glue the open envelope on it. So using 3 envelopes we have one unit. With open ends for inserts on all 3 pages.
Follow the same steps to create as many Units as you want.
And the same way....I used cereal box as my cover and visiting card as my hinge to bind it to the first envelope.
Attach your pattern papers and decorate as desired! You Mini is ready. P.s I'm not done yet.
When you attach your pattern papers... you will come to these open envelopes.... Do not attach glue to the triangle part. Only to the left edge of it . To keep your pocket. If you glue it down, you will lose your pocket. ( I do hope it made sense)
I probably needed another picture to show where to add the glue.
To make your Tabbed insert.
1. Measure your pocket size and add 1/2 inch to the length of it. This is where we shall make the tab.
Accurate measurements are not possible...as each pocket will have a different size. Make one and you will know what I'm talking about! :D
And this is what I shall get.
I have my tabs staggered from top midde and bottom...and then repeat for the next 3 pages.
So finally I'm done!! Hope you enjoyed this rather long tutorial. I am sorry about not having a video..but here's a small one showing how the whole album looks...and of course you can see the amazing paper that I've used here!!
List of products Used
WRMK Envelope Punch Board
Red sticky Tape
Tim holtz Scissor
Red Spatula (Believe me when I say this tool is a must to make sure you have no air bubbles while adhering your pattern papers...Its indispensable according to me!)
Kaisercraft Bubblegum hills pattern paper ( I love that its 6.5x6.5 in size!!)
Paisley round frame Resin
Yellow and White Mulberry flowers
Antique Engravings Butterfly
As always, feel free to email me or leave a comment for any questions ... I will get back to you as soon as I can.