Followers

Saturday 22 November 2014

Shabby chic altered wooden spoon

Today's post is a short and sweet one..

I was struggling to decide what should be the base for my post.. I felt like   creating a shabby chic project and so rushed to my kitchen to grab an old weathered wooden spoon which had been lying neglected since ages ;)
Shabby chic is one of the most beautiful styles as its all pastels and so feminine ...

To begin with :
I coated the oldie with few coats of gesso and allowed it to dry completely. I observed if I use my heat tool to dry gesso starts oozing and bubbling .. It's better to let it dry naturally .
Once it was dry Ioaded it with lindy's stamp gang mists and prima color blooms (in shades of pink)
These sprays give a beautiful subtle sheen and colour to the project .
Distressed the edges with some vintage photo and it was ready to get dressed and embellished .



A close up -
I created a cluster of lace, mulberry flowers & pearls. To top it off added the beautiful butterfly charm and the adorable tiny bottle filled with glass glitter.

 On the left hand side I added chains and charms to add some interest .


I also created a tag with the help of prima lattice stencil and Lindy's sprays.
Embellished it with the same products to match the spoon.



It's a cute gift for someone u really admire. I am gonna gift it to my mom and hang it at her kitchen door.


Hope u liked my post and give it a try ...
Stay blessed ...


Hugs 
Arjita 

3 comments:

  1. Arjita such a beauty it is ..even my daughter said a big "Haaiii" which translates to "wow". Love the way you used the bottle on the butterfly
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sonia .. It means a lot as ur lil one liked it too ..

      Delete
  2. Too beautiful for words!!! Just gorgeous

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you !