I am back with more Penny Black goodness! They have this brush stroke cling stamps. They are red rubber stamps and are perfect for giving that water colour effect without being an actual water colour artist. I tried this beautiful Gentle Whisper stamp with various inks and each time I got different look. My suggestion is... experiment with these stamps...use different papers, different inks and paints... and you will be amazed by the out come.
Card 1: Iron Off Embossing Technique
I have used iron off embossing technique to make this card. It gives negative or reverse image of stamping.
1. Stamp the image with versa mark ink and clear emboss it.
2. Apply various distress inks with ink blending tool. The embossed part will resist the ink and give inverted image look.
3. Add some script stamping and texture with Kaisercraft stamp. Also add some black splatter.
4. Sandwich the panel between folded sheet of a4 copy paper and apply heat on the copy paper with hot iron. This will melt embossing powder and the copy paper will absorb it. It will give flat, matt image.
5. 'Wishing' die cut is from Simonsays die & 'you joy' sentiment is made with dymo label maker. I love this handy tool to make my own sentiments. Mount the panel on white, gold and finally on bottle green card base.
Card : 2
I tried stamping on kraft card using pigment ink.
1. Stamp with white colorboxpigment ink on a kraft card panel.
2. Add details with coloured pencils. Add texture with Kaiser Kraft stamp & versa mark ink. Trim the upper corners with corner rounder.
3. Add script detail on the bottom of card base.
4. Take a strip of corrugated cardstock and apply viva decor gold with finger, allow it to dry for a minute, buff it with a clean cloth. This will give an elegant shine to the parts where inka gold is applied. Inka gold has this creamy consistency and it contains natural bees wax(just like shoe polish). You can apply it with brush or finger on any surface and buff it with clean cloth or paper towel for that gorgeous metallic shine.
5. Add die cut sentiment ( here I used three die cuts in green, white & gold) and some enamel dots to finish it off.
Card : 3
For this card I have used Hero arts Ink Daubers to colour the stamp. They contain premium Dye and Shadow inks same as hero arts ink pads, in a new way. Daubers and brush stroke stamps are like match made in heaven. Their fluidity accentuates the water colour look of these stamps.
Telling you... it is a must try!
1. Apply inks with dauber on stamp and stamp on white card base.
2. I coloured a wood veneer butterfly with the same daubers, dabbed the edges with versa mark ink and emboss it with gold embossing powder.
3. Add some gold string, sentiment and enamel dot and done.
Card : 4
1. This one is created using pigment inks. As name says, pigment inks have fine powdery pigment in them which stays on the surface of paper when you stamp with it and gives very crisp and detailed impression. So, if you are stamping person like me and haven't try pigment inks yet... you are missing much fun.
2. I used Mama Elephant inksto create this card. They are the most creamy pigment inks and pretty...pretty colours. Some curvy strips of papers at bottom, bakers twine and some embellishments from my stash.
This is a 2"x4" canvas board. I use them to make miniature paintings.
I used various acrylic colours to make back ground. Stamp text stamp with archival ink. Add more layers of acrylic colors. I used distress paint daubers to stamp. Added detail with paint brush. Add shadow with black pencil, stamp sentiment with archival ink & add butterfly rub on from Tim Holtz.
Card : 6
This is the easiest method to get the most gorgeous results from these stamps.
1. Dab distress inks on the stamp.
2. Spritz the stamp with water. Stamp. Your water colour art is ready. As you can see, I did not finish the card. While I was writing the post, I realized, in enthusiasm of exploring many possibilities with the stamp...I overlooked the most obvious one. So, made this in like 2-3 minutes.
3. There was enough ink left on stamp so I spritz it again with water and got second generation impression too. Isn't that cool! Just by varying amount of water, you can get many different looks.
Card : 7
1. Cut two die cuts from water colour paper and paint it with water colour. Keep it aside to dry.
2. Apply embossing paste using stencil (my stencil is stained...i am not using ink...;) ) on white card base. Let it dry.
3. Take a narrow panel of green cs. Now, take the dry base card and once again lay the stencil on it and adjust a little so that it will align with the previous embossing. Secure it with masking tape on right side. Slowly insert green panel from left and position it on card base. Once it is in place, hold it securely from right side along with stencil and slowly remove the white card base. Apply embossing paste and let it dry. Mount it on card base and you will have perfectly aligned embossing at split level.
4. Add wink of stella on die cuts and adhere them with some buttons. I used negative of die cut to ink the corner of green panel and bottom left corner of card.
Card : 8
1. Take two die cuts. Emboss some texture with help of kaisercraft stamp, versa mark ink and white embossing powder.
2. Add some colours with some distress inks. let it dry. Stamp sentiment (that is such a beautiful quote) with versa fine on a white cs, trim it and mount on piece of pattern paper and then on velum.
3. Take a 1.25x 7 inch strip of grey paper and stamp the same texture in white pigment ink. Stick it on the left side of card base.
4. Take 4x7 inch white cs panel. Add some colour on the top left corner with distress inks. Apply some rub on when dried. I chose that phrase as it goes very well with sentiment.
5. Stick the sentiment patch with foam tape. Cut the die cuts in smaller parts and arrange and stick it with liquid glue around sentiment patch.
6. Mount the white panel with foam tape on card base.
Card : 9
1. This is kind of paper piecing technique. Cut few die cuts from various pattern paper from - painted blooms stack by Penny Black. Take the green one as a base and cut flowers from other die cuts and stick it on it. I wasn't sure how will it look but turned out really good.
2. Create white on white texture with circle punch, emboss sentiment on velum , add a silver frame and stick everything in a pleasing manner.
I used same tag die to cut pattern paper and negative of earlier die cuts. Trim the white tag from the both side so the pink paper will peek from behind. Pop the white tag with 3d foam tape on pink tag, add pearls and ribbon and you are good to go.
It is one looong post but thank you for being with me...if you are still there...;). Please leave me a comment if you really like this post.
Love to you all.
Penny Black Stencil : Hypnotic
Penny Black Die : Flower Frolic
Penny Black Pattern Paper : Painted Bloom
Kaisercraft Stamp - Sketchy
Distress Inks : Picked Raspberry, Worn Lipstick, Peeled pain, Black Soot, Weathered wood, dusty concord, chipped sapphire
Color Box : Frost White
Mama Elephant Inks : Lemmon Grass, Sweet Lilac, Tutti Frutti, Appletini
Versa Mark, Versa Fine - Onyx Black
Hero Arts Ink Daubers : Lime Green, Dark Quartz, Pale tomato, Field Green, Butter Cup
Embossing Powders : Clear Embossing Powder , Silver Embossing powder , Gold Embossing Powder
Viva Decor Gold
Tim Holtz Rub Ons - Botanical