Followers

Monday 26 September 2016

Decoupage Part 2 with Anita Kejriwal


Hello everyone... It's Anita here!!
How is everyone doing?? I hope everyone is having a good time creating their favourite projects. I am, at present addicted to Decoupage. A wonderful craft indeed, decoupage not only helps to create beautiful home decor items but is also useful to re -cycle old items and furniture etc.
We are going to use the most popular Folk Art Home Decor Chalk paints by Plaid craft and other products like wax to make our new project for today.
I have also created a video tutorial for this.
Another new product that I am going to share with you all is the Deco Mache Paper.



It is a wonderful paper especially for decoupage and is so thin ---just 22gsm!!! that once adhered to the surface , it looks that it has been painted on the surface itself.
So in my video , I will show you how to do decoupage with Deco Mache papers.
The good news is that Crafters Corner has all the products that you need for this project. And not only that , they are at the price. Plus there is a 10% discount store wide so you get them at more cheaper price.


In my first video here... I  have discussed about Chalk Paints and its uses. Today, I will focus on two more products -Clear wax and Antiquing wax. from Plaid Craft



                         


What is Home Decor Clear wax and Antiquing Wax??

FolkArt Home Decor Wax is a brushable, waterbase, non-toxic, paraffin-infused wax finish used to seal and protect painted surfaces. Allow paint to fully dry 24 hours before applying wax. Clean brushes while wet with soap and water.

How many types of FolkArt Home Decor Wax exist?

There are three different types of FolkArt Home Decor Wax: Clear Wax, White Wax and Antiquing Wax. All waxes provide a protective velvety smooth finish for your projects. When properly applied, Clear Wax will protect your surface without adding color. White Wax gives your project a beautiful white washed or faded finish. Antiquing Wax adds a vintage or antiqued, time-worn look with a warm, chocolate brown, color. FolkArt Home Decor Chalk can be added to the waxes to create your own custom-colored waxes. 
So if you want to give a nice sheen to your projects and also protect it from dust and moisture, then these two products are your solution. It does the same work as Mod Podge as a sealant however it is not a glue like Mod Podge. You can also give a new shine to old furniture, frames etc, by using clear wax or antiquing wax. A nice whitewashed shine can be given by using the white wax.

Why do I need to buff the wax?

After applying the FolkArt Home Decor Wax, it should be buffed to polish and seal the surface. The more you buff, the more you will raise the sheen of your finished project.

Is it same as Varnish?

No both are different. Varnish is for outdoor use. whereas, Wax is not suitable for outdoor projects. With wax , you need to buff the item but do not have to do so with varnish. 

How should I clean my project surfaces after FolkArt Home Decor Wax has been applied? 

Wipe project surfaces with a soft cloth moistened with warm water and mild soap to clean
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is the tray that I made with the above products. Please feel free to ask me about these products. 


                                        



I hope you liked this video. I have tried to share this beautiful art with you using the best raw materials. So go ahead and do try this out. Remember to going on a shopping spree at Crafters Corner.


Materials used 


Do leave a few words. I love reading your comments.
Till then happy crafting !!!





12 comments:

  1. I must try the deco mache and the wax...Thank you for sharing in detail Anita
    I had commented earlier...dont know where it went!!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Sonia
      I had to delete that post due to some error
      Thanks

      Delete
  2. Great post once again. Just one request, pls embed the video in a bigger size in the blog post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Divya
      I will keep that in mind next time

      Delete
  3. Great post! I was just searching for some blog post to get an idea about Folk art home decor wax! And this post made me smile, I got it here :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that's great Priyanka . Do share what you make .

      Delete
  4. Very Informative Great learning...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing post ! Never found such a detailed post earlier . Great help for all the decoupage lovers . Thanks a ton for this :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very sweet and lovely decoupage, i love decoupage to ;O))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometime few educational blogs become very helpful while getting relevant and new information related to your targeted area. As I found this blog and appreciate the information delivered to my database.
    สายชำระ

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you !