Followers

Friday 3 May 2013

Anja Ovals By Mallika


Hello Friends ,
 I hope all of you are in good spirits . This month at Crafters Corner , we are going to focus on dies .
For today I will be showcasing the use of my Favorite Die from Marriane Designs  called Anja Ovals . 
Ever since this die has been in my stash , I have been addicted to it .
I love the way it pops out when you emboss it . This die requires Metal Adapter Plate . 
As we are talking about dies , let me tell you how important it is to use Metal Adapter Plate .
What is a metal adapter plate ?
Metal adapter plates makes up for the space left in the bigshot plates when dies of different thickness is used.
I have been using paper / cardstock as a supplement to these , but it turned out I broke my bigshot as pressure applied was different every time { paper tends to get thin with every go in bigshot } .
These are very important for beautiful cut outs at one go . They save alot of time and energy !

I have made few different projects with the same . The first is a set of desk caddy - FOR HIS AND HER 
Basically I made this for a couple who wanted a masculine touch for the his caddy and a feminine touch for her caddy .
I have used loads of supplies from Crafters Corner and my stash . They are all listed below

Dies -
Anja Large Ovals 
Cherry Lynn Butterlies exotic 
Cherry lynn French Pastry Doily 

Distress Inks -
Vintage Photo 
Walnut Stain 
Gathered Twigs 

Papers -
Once upon a time by DCWV 
Mariposa 

Glue -
ATG Glue Glider 

Tools -
Big Shot  , Tonic Trimmer , Tim holtz Sciccors  

Flowers  , Buttons and laces are from my attic .

 





The next project is basically a cake box .
I have layered two boxes together and make a cake out of it . They both will have two different sized scrapbooks inside them .

Supplies Used -
Dies -
Anja Large Ovals 
Victorian romance flourish
Spellbinders DLite flourish trim
Marriane Lantern 

Stamps -
Fiskars Lasting Love 
Fiskars Make a wish  


Distress Inks -
Vintage Photo 
Walnut Stain 
Gathered Twigs 

Glue -
ATG Glue Glider 

Tools -
Big Shot  , Tonic Trimmer , Tim holtz Sciccors  

Flowers  , Buttons and laces are from my attic .








If you have any queries , please write a mail to info@crafterscorner.in

Regards
Mallika 




11 comments:

  1. Very beautiful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful looking work, Mallika.

    If it is possible, will there be a video tutorial for this particular post? It would be really helpful, if there is one.

    I have to spend nearly 15 minutes to get a clean cut out of my Spellbinders a2 Filigree delight die. Do I have to use a metal adaptor for it?

    Thanks,
    Vithya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello vithya ..
      I will surely come up with a video tutorial on this post .
      Metal adaptor makes cuts easy and clean

      Delete
  3. Awesome projects Mallika.I love both but the two boxes in the cake like arrangement are my definite favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you ppl are tempting me to buy more craft items :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey those boxes look awesome with your style of creating, thats a great piece of info ...tfs

    ReplyDelete
  6. i loved the entire set of boxes....as they look so great for gifting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that is among the ѕo much important
    іnformаtіon for mе. And i am happy studying уour article.

    Howeνer ωаnnа obseгvatiοn on some normal things, The website taѕte іs ideal, the articles is actually niсe :
    D. Just right job, cheers

    Reνiew my wеblog ... instant loans

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you !