Followers

Monday 21 July 2014

Vellum flower and a tutorial

Hey everyone!

Sindhu here. I hope you are all doing fine and enjoying the gorgeous inspiration by my fellow teammates. I have a card and a stamping technique to share with you today.

I'll show you the card first.


Here is the close up of the flower...



Steps I followed to make this card....

1. Die cut a piece of vellum with the Spellbinders Rose creations die. (I excluded the largest flower in the set).
2. Die cut a leaf (medium size) from the same die set.
3. Slide your Memento dew drops over the die cut vellum and wipe with a tissue to and you'll get a uniformly colored die cuts.
4. I used five different colors for the flower.
5. Used a forceps to give more details to my flower.
6. Secured the flower with a brad and then stuck those vellum leaves.
7. Assembling the card was easy. :)

Now...as I had promised, here's a small picture tutorial on reverse stamping.



I made a mirror image of a bunny from a stamp set I have. You could do this with any image.



I hope you like the card and the tutorial.

I want to give total credit to the person who made this tutorial. I had watched this video of reverse stamping here a long while ago and happened to try just recently...Here's the original link where I found it.
http://papersmooches.blogspot.in/2012/02/16th-day-of-our-celebration.html

List of supplies used...
Dies-
Spellbinders rose creation die

Papers- 
Echo Park Paper 'So happy together' 6x6 paper pad and 
Echo Park Paper Sweet day collection kit

Inks-
Memento gum drops
Memento Rhubarb stalk
Versafine Onyx black

Stamps-
Hero Arts 'Things we love' stamp set

Take care everyone!
See you!


9 comments:

  1. Sweet flower and thanks for the tutorial Sindhu.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card,loved the vellum flower and Thanks for sharing wonderful technique !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely vellum flower!!! tfs tute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soo cute!! And what an awesome tute!! I never knew I could do this!!! yippeee...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous flower out of vellum paper and beautiful card!!!!
    Oh, What an easy idea of mirror image, thank you so much for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute card and great tutorial!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow... the vellum flower is looking so yummyyy... hehe...
    and the technique is superb, but it will be hard to follow this technique for large stamps... isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Deepti, it is difficult. I have many small images, so it works for me.. :)

      Delete
  8. What a beautiful vellum flower, Sindhu and thanks for sharing that fun technique on how to create the mirror image. I need to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you !